Wednesday, January 18, 2012

EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE

Emotional intelligence is the ability to identify, use, understand, and manage your emotions in positive and constructive ways.


Students who learn to manage their emotions succeed in the world of work and higher education. 
Here are a few EI strategies I used when I was an advisor and mentor.  I also used these lessons in my first week of school to set the tone for student behavior.

Children of military personnel need a LOT of EI, and these are colorful, fun, and creative resource. 

I provided my 11th and 12th graders with authentic resources that adults use.  A Black, male student told me his father took the handout to his job.  A Hispanic male told me his boss wanted copies of the handouts!  A Hispanic mother called me to say her daughter told her she needed to increase her emotional intelligence!  The mother laughed about it and said she wanted to take copies of the handouts to her co-workers.  Enjoy!

This site helps you to test your level of EI; and the test is free.


No comments:

Post a Comment